Sunday, July 27, 2008

Christmas in July

Today is one of those summer days where a ruthless rain has cooled things down and left a dreary and calm sort of day in its wake. About this time of year I have a craving for Christmas music, and on a day like this a person simply cannot ignore the desire to hear the strains of “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night”.

Sliding the CD into the player is simply the beginning of the cycle. For me the next step is cranking up the oven and turning out some delicious cookies. There is nothing that feels warm and fuzzier than to drop cookie dough onto the baking stone while the music of “Santa Baby” washes over. I suppose it could be the heat from the oven coupled with the fact that it still is summer time that causes me to feel oh-so-toasty-warm.

As long as the cloud-cover holds and the sun stays away the day will probably end with a nice comfort food style dinner of chili and rice. Nothing says, “Baby it’s Cold Outside” like a bowl of super-duper-special-yummy chili. And watching White Christmas; and eating cookies; and drinking coffee. I feel like I should have a present to open or something.

1 comment:

Granddad said...

You better save some of that chili for me baby!!!!

Google