Monday, January 7, 2008

Shocking Weather

It is a mere thirteen days after Christmas. Some people have yet to take down their outdoor holiday decorations, and there are still small clumps of snow here and there. At least there were yesterday. Here in eastern Pennsylvania the temperature should be hovering around freezing; however, today is was a balmy sixty-five. I have always wondered why sixty-five feels so much warmer in the winter than it does in the summer. This time of year it seems like t-shirt weather, but in August if the thermometer dips that low it feels like wool coat weather. Very odd. Nana and I took the kids to the park today. Poor BoBeans has been trapped in the house for so long he behaved like a veritable prisoner set free, running all over the place and shouting with the other children. I do wish that I had remembered to bring my camera along to capture some of the delightful hair-raising static electricity moments.

No comments:

Google