Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Continuing Saga

When your toddler informs you that he has decided to poop on the floor instead of in the toilet, it may be time to rethink your Potty Training Plan of Action. Or it may be time to tell your husband that although you can’t say how much you appreciate all of his hard work you have decided that he should stay home and take care of the kids while you go to work.

Other than the aforementioned deviation Day Five went well. The little guy even went on his potty all by himself several times. My mom had given me some good advice about requiring my son to go to the potty every hour to help eliminate accidents. Knowing how often he should be going helped to alleviate some of my stress. There were some fights when it came time for the hourly void, but he didn’t wet himself until 9:30pm when he didn’t quite make it to the pot in time. That has to count for something. Not only that, but how can you be mad at a kid who is so busy reprimanding himself that he doesn’t give you a chance to? “That was bad. That was very bad.” And he was so sincere!

Thankfully, every day has gotten easier and I hope that the little man will continue to improve. I’m still trying to figure out how to handle the challenge of going out of the house during this in-between period. I suppose I shall have to incorporate diapers or pull-ups. Or carry six changes of clothes and a roll of paper towels with me at all times. I may need a larger purse.

No comments:

Google