Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slimy Fluid of Doom

On Tuesday I shared some slightly irrational fears. On Wednesday Big Brother came down with a raging cold and Little Sister exhibited signs of a seriously clogged colon. The latter came out okay, but every time the little man sneezed ropes of snot flew every which and where; he had a fever and runny eyeballs. My nasal spray is pretty much gone and my ears still pain me from time to time. The baby either gets kicks out of watching my eyes dilate from anxiety or she still has some discomfort in her ears as well because she has really been at them again.

This morning my baby girl is showing signs of congestion, and her skin is warm to the touch. I’m pooped from lack of sleep the last two nights: I had to heed cries of “need a tissue!” and wipe the little man’s nose about every thirty minutes. This is becoming somewhat of a challenge since his nose is already chapped. I don’t believe I have ever seen a nose become cracked and red in less than twelve hours before. I suppose that comes from insisting it be wiped every two-point-five seconds during the daytime hours. Needless to say, I got little else done; not much housework can be accomplished in segments lasting less than three seconds.

It’s times like these when I almost believe in jinxes. Like typing those words the other day somehow summoned all of the bacteria within a ten-mile radius and caused it to beset our home or something. Darn that Murphy and his law; if I could find him I would command my child to sneeze, blowing snot and microscopic green germs of pestilence onto Mr. Murphy. If the man were within ten yards of us I bet my son could nail him with his projectile snot rockets.

1 comment:

Ceidra said...

I spat corn-chip crumbs from my facial orifice wile reading this, I really did. Projectile laughing.

Google