Wednesday, February 20, 2008

God Bless Us, Everyone

Not to be outdone by the others in our house, the infected boogies in my body decided to have a potluck dinner and take up residence in my sinuses and left ear. The circle is complete. I have joined the club of antibiotic takers that started with my son; membership has reached 100%.

For those who do not remember what an ear infection feels like: there is pain, sloshing fluid in the ear canal, dull aching pain, constant ringing, general wooziness, stabbing pain, and pain. Bending over, moving from sitting to standing or lying down causes all the fluid in the ear to relocate causing more pain. I feel even more sorry for my babies, if that’s possible, now that I know first hand what they were going through.

I don’t know how I would have managed to keep my sanity without my family. My mom came as often as she could when the kids were sick, and she was here yesterday so that I could go to the doctor, rest and sleep. My mother, sister, and grandmother all brought food, so that I didn’t have to worry about cooking or getting to the grocery store. And they brought me delicious soup because I cannot chew due to the sinus infection. I love them.

It is such a blessing to know that there are people in my life that I know I can count on to help ease my burdens. I am also very proud of my husband for dragging his sick ear to work with him to provide for our family and make money to pay for all of the doctor bills and the dozen boxes, vials, tubes and bottles of medication that are scattered throughout the house.

No comments:

Google